518 Morehead Ave

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

518 Morehead Ave

longtimer
Browsing parcels near downtown and noticed a new submission on a site that's been subject to a few development cases over the years. This is across the street from the Duke PA center.
Request calls for a two story 'club building'... whatever that is.
Anyone know about this location or anything about the developers? Seems like they've been trying to build something there for a while.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 518 Morehead Ave

wags
Biz journal had a piece about a proposed development in Sept of 2021. PDF version

Possibly related? Years ago there was a proposal to build apartments by Greystone Inn. It's not clear to me if that was just the corner lot (that Greystone Inn occupies) OR included 518 as well.

https://indyweek.com/news/archives-news/greystone-inn-apartments-big-bulky-say-it-ugly/

The language in the article is so classic NIMBY - "At three and four stories, the apartment buildings would tower over the smaller single-family homes in the neighborhood." -  oh spare me, please.

Another tid bit on that corner property. I live nearby and last year I received a notification of a proposed zoning change. Greystone_Zoning_Change.pdf

Reply | Threaded
|

longtimer
Thank you for the PDF of the article! Couldn't find the name of developers for whatever reason.
This is probably an expansion/small change of the preexisting project 'Townes at Greystone' that calls for 68 townhomes (approved in September). I imagine this is just the 'Amenity Clubhouse' discussed on their website. I wonder if that means the plans listed on TBJ will change at all? Not sure if I can locate a building like that on the plans already online.
Reply | Threaded
|

longtimer
Here is the case report taken from the latest historic preservation commission agenda. Doesn't look like much has changed. Should be a good fit for the area.