Stone Bros and Byrd

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Stone Bros and Byrd

Old Fine Point
Does anyone here have details as to what is happening at the current Stone Bros and Byrd site. The plans I glimpsed looked like some new residential development, but I'm not sure.  
Also, where is the Garden Shop relocating to?  Rumor is they will stay in the "neighborhood," but I don't know what that means since that sort of business can't just fit in to any location.
That's a beloved spot with deep community roots, so any details are appreciated.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Stone Bros and Byrd

Casey
Came across this on Twitter.

That thread links to this document, looks like they're getting a zoning variance. Unless I missed it, I don't see much detail on the actual building. Two floors of garage parking, two street level commercial tenants. A "residential lobby" so it's apartments or condos. No idea how many floors total though.
Gib
Reply | Threaded
|

Gib
Plans for the Stone Bros site have been announced.  Picture looks like 6, though the article says 7 story condominium. Plus about 3,500 of retail.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2021/05/20/beacon-street-developer-plans-condos-in-durham.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
Also related to the OP’s question, it says the Stone Bros business is moving to a property “across the street”. Perhaps next to Blue Note? The other side is the old Bulls stadium. Will be interesting to see where they end up.
Reply | Threaded
|

elevatoroperator
In reply to this post by Gib
It's 7 stories where the site slopes down. So probably just an extra level of parking at the lowest point of the site. In any case, looks good. Going with a quality local architect pays off.

I assume these will be priced at least as high as The Bartlett, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. We don't have enough condos in the 300k range; it seems most of the new ones start at 400k.