Durham Development Watchlist - July 2021

Dave @ Building Bull City
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Durham Development Watchlist - July 2021

CarolinaFan
Thanks for posting. With the TBJ stuff behind a paywall, I don't get to see much there.

The Alta Rutherford applicant is listed as Coulter Jewel Thames - one of the more respectable area developers. I would expect a high quality proposal from them.

https://durhamnc.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/5252
Reply | Threaded
|

wags
In reply to this post by Dave @ Building Bull City
Is the 215 Morris project an expansion of the current red brick building that's there? Maybe an expansion towards Morgan street the includes this structure?

On the ID website they have a video and there's a masterplan that you can see very briefly.

https://durhamid.com
Reply | Threaded
|

bizzle
In reply to this post by Dave @ Building Bull City
Really curious how "the new Brightleaf" turns out. It looks like the Main Street side construction is complete, right? Has there been changes to the square part of Brightleaf? I haven't walked in there since pre Covid days. Last I heard, a number of spots had moved out of there. What's left at this point? Also, I am super stoked for Jenni's as we had one when I lived in DC. However, isn't there an ice cream spot directly across the street inside the Brightleaf building? Or did that close as well?
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
Emmy Squared Pizza is going in the old El Rodeo space as well so definitely a more high end evolution for Brightleaf.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by CarolinaFan
Herald Sun article confirms that Alta is a Wood Partners project located basically right behind Station Nine. Six stories and 339 apartments so it will indeed be pretty big.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by bizzle
They are doing a ton of work to the building where Morgan Imports was formerly located, presumably modernizing and upfitting in preparation for other new tenants. Also the crappy building behind Maverick’s is finally going to be renovated in what looks to be a pretty cool two story project with 4 apartments on top and 4,000 square feet of retail on the ground floor.