“Brightleaf - Block A” Development Request?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

“Brightleaf - Block A” Development Request?

Durham_Transplant
Came across an interesting development request filed on July 1 and titled “Brightleaf - Block A” with the following description:

“The proposed project will consist of retail and office space with associated parking garage, utilities, culvert rerouting and bus stop. 233,940 SF of habitable area.”

Oddly, it was grouped in with the various requests for the 400 W Main/Novus project on the Durham Maps site. I’m assuming that’s an error given the “Brightleaf” naming convention. So could this be the next phase for Asana’s vision? Austin Lawrence-related entity does also own a corner of that site where the gas explosion occurred but it wouldn’t seem to be big enough to accommodate this plan. Whatever the story it sounds like a pretty sizable project.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: “Brightleaf - Block A” Development Request?

bulletfedora
link? Also curious if you think "Brightleaf North" is connected: App number: Z2200033 https://www.durhamnc.gov/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/5599
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
Not totally sure I can find a way to link to it directly but I screenshot it here. I guess it will show up in the July development request summary when that gets posted after month end. I guess it *could* be the second phase of the South Bank project but they said before they weren’t planning any office space and that seems pretty quick since they haven’t even started building the first phase. The square footage figures also line up with the new building that Wexford is supposed to be developing on Gregson.

It looks like the “Brightleaf North” project is an expansion of the Brightleaf at the Park community.

Reply | Threaded
|

bulletfedora
awesome, thanks