“Borden Brick” Entertainment Project

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

“Borden Brick” Entertainment Project

Durham_Transplant
Has anyone else heard about this? I came across an interesting LinkedIn post this morning from local commercial real estate group CityPlat. The text is below and there was an accompanying 35-40 second video that I can’t figure out how to link. Also nothing on their website yet. Having never heard of Borden Brick, I did a quick Google search and it looks like the location might be 704 Ramseur directly across from Ponysaurus.

“CityPlat is excited to present "Borden Brick" in heart of Durham, NC. We are so excited to present this opportunity with a rich history. This mini outdoor entertainment complex will be featuring a Taqueria, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream Parlor, and many more with a beautiful outdoor space.

We currently have an opportunity for Distillery, Pizzeria w/ Vino, or another eclectic Restaurant concept. “
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: “Borden Brick” Entertainment Project

elevatoroperator
Thanks for posting! First I've heard of this. Here's the video.
mjp
Reply | Threaded
|

mjp
TBJ has an article on it

Raleigh real estate firm CityPlat has unveiled plans for Borden Brick, a new “mini entertainment complex” at the site of the former Borden Brick and Tile Co. factory in downtown Durham.

The project is situated at 704 and 706 Ramseur Road at the corner with Fayetteville Street and just off the Durham Freeway. CityPlat currently has the property under contract.

“We’re totally excited for this project, and we’re excited to bring a project that complements Durham,” said Gaurav “G” Patel, senior advisor at CityPlat. “We’re open and looking to evaluate anyone looking to be in this space.”

“Because of the way Durham is growing there, it’s the perfect type of project and piece of property for us,” said Vincenzo Verdino, CityPlat principal. “If we look in 10 years and see where the growth is going to be happening – this is a corridor with a lot of potential”

The company announced the project with a virtual video tour posted on LinkedIn. Financial details are yet to be finalized.

No tenants have been announced for the space, but Patel said that the project plans to feature a taqueria, coffee shop, ice cream parlor and others. There will also be space available for a distillery, pizzeria or another “eclectic restaurant concept."

CityPlat plans to begin construction on the project in the first quarter of next year and complete the project by the summer.

The project is also in an opportunity zone, something CityPlat has been using to target and optimize financing for sites around the Triangle. It also locks in their ownership and investment in the land for the next 10 years to maximize the utility of the program.

“We’ve been putting offers on a number of properties in opportunity zones,” he said. “We're huge proponents in what they represent and – no pun intended – the opportunity they provide.”

The Borden Brick and Tile site dates to the early 20th century when it produced bricks to iconic Durham companies such as Liggett and Myers and The American Tobacco Company.

The Borden family had made a name for themselves operating brick manufacturing operations in Goldsboro since 1911 before bringing the company to Durham in 1929. Cherokee Sanford Brick bought the company in 1989.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by Durham_Transplant
First significant update on this project. Lonerider Brewery out of Raleigh will be the anchor tenant. Good little stretch of breweries coming together there with Hi-Wire, Ponysaurus, Lonerider and Bull City Ciderworks. Looking forward to seeing what else goes in there.
Reply | Threaded
|

eastofdowntown
above referenced article with concept renderings

as a resident of east durham i'm super excited for this development! now if we could just work on heritage square and get some more businesses on alston...
Reply | Threaded
|

elevatoroperator
I wish the images at that link were concept renderings! They're precedent images of other projects. I was excited for a moment there.

Tbh the renderings they've shown elsewhere are very underwhelming and don't look like a welcoming space, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by the execution. Alliance is also the designer behind phase 2 of the Golden Belt Campus.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
Yeah it doesn’t seem like they plan to do much beyond sprucing up the existing buildings and cleaning up the footprint to create a centra courtyard and parking around the exterior. The project is really well positioned to be successful in that location, especially is they are able to land a couple interesting food tenants.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
Looks like Mezcalito Grill will be joining Lonerider as a tenant in this project. Mexican restaurant with 3 other locations (NC only). I like because hey, Mexican food, and it seems to fit the casual hangout vibe between this project and Pony.