Aura 501

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Aura 501

Durham_Transplant
Looks like Trinsic is going to do another development on Mangum at the site of the Public Hardware building with 220 units. They are really making a big investment in Durham between their other development on Mangum, the recently proposed Aura Green Hill on Hillsborough and this.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Aura 501

bear
I was curious about what this building might look like. The Aura 509 is 180 units and this is described as 220 units on a smaller parcel.

Meanwhile, what's the story with the new submission on the Durham Center II?
Reply | Threaded
|

McHugh
Doing some back-of-the-envelope math comparing the lot sizes and the proposed square footage, it seems like this would have to be in the 10-15 story range. I hope they incorporate some retail into the base of this building, though. I think that would go a long way to helping connect Downtown with Old Five Points.
Reply | Threaded
|

KmartFan
In reply to this post by bear
There's been a resubmission on Durham Center II? Do tell.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by McHugh
The most recent Durham Magazine has a development roundup that says the project will be 18 stories. I wouldn’t necessarily count on their reporting to be *completely* accurate but it seems you’re correct that it will be fairly tall.

It also says that Trinsic is developing the project on the site of the former McDonalds. I’m not sure if that’s always been the case or if they took it over at some point but it adds to the already very significant capital investment they are making in Durham.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by bear
Not sure what to make of the current status. Last public update was in September of 2022 when they were unable to reach an agreement with city council. Now the original development request is showing as “approved” as of April 2023 and there is a recombination request to combine 6 lots into 2 (presumably Durham Center and Durham Center II). So that sort of suggests things may be moving forward.