Asana Properties Brightleaf expansion

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Asana Properties Brightleaf expansion

kbot
Hey folks.  I just heard from a reliable source that Asana Properties are in the process of purhasing the building on the corner of Albermarle and West Main St which currently house the James Joyce and the Federal.  This part of Durham will be unrecognizable in a few years at this rate.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Asana Properties Brightleaf expansion

Durham_Transplant
I’m glad you posted about this. Thought about starting a discussion the other day but got preoccupied. If you’ve been by Brightleaf recently it’s clear that they are doing quite a bit of work both inside and out. Came across the doc linked below which apparently outlines some of the “vision” of you will. Notably, it already shows the building you referenced as an Asana property.

http://www.thriftcres.com/wp-content/uploads/Asana-_-Brightleaf-Square_Durham-Marketing-Flyer.pdf

Edit: I’m most curious as to whether they plan additional development for the area. They’ve bet a pretty large amount of money to just secure a collection of single story retail/dining that obviously hasn’t done that well in recent years. Believe it was posted previously that the site of the gas explosion, for example, is zoned for up to 12 stories.