119 Orange St.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

119 Orange St.

McHugh
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but it looks like a permit has been issued for the demolition of 119 Orange St. I don't think I've heard of anything going on around here, so this seems like a bit of a surprise. I wouldn't say it is an architectural gem, but, according to Open Durham, this is a 100 year old building. No idea what might be coming next.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 119 Orange St.

Durham_Transplant
That would be the building next to M Tempura right? Really strange. Apparently it was just sold for $5.2MM at the end of February to an LLC connected to a guy named Jonathan Dayan. He’s also the guy who owns the building next to the Durham Hotel evidently (where Kingfisher and Queeny’s are located).
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by McHugh
Also I’m curious where you saw this. Can’t seem to find anything on any of the usual sources.
Reply | Threaded
|

McHugh
I haven't seen it reported anywhere. I just happened to be looking at recent permits issued on the city's website.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
Ah okay it took some clicking around but I see where you found it now. I’m assuming they would be planning to do something pretty significant at that location if they plan to tear down the building after spending $5.2MM to acquire it. Just seems like a very odd location with low rise buildings on either side and no street access.

https://webgis.durhamnc.gov/portal/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=bd9000b2d7234034bad42cc0c60e8ecb