What's Happening on House Ave?

Dave @ Building Bull City
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: What's Happening on House Ave?

Steve
Yeah, something tells me this part of town is going to explode. Expect lots of townhouses costing at least $500k, and a few mixed-use apartments.
Reply | Threaded
|

Administrator
The other piece that I learned is that the man who owns Surf Club and some other bars owns and is working on 1904 Chapel Hill Rd (looks like an old auto garage).

It will be interesting to see what his plans are for that.

@Steve - have you heard any other rumors? To me, this area could be really interesting because Scrap Exchange owns the north half of the mall. Their plans mixed with some high-end plans might create an interesting mix (as opposed to a completely bulldozed and shiny new development across the whole area).
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve
In reply to this post by Dave @ Building Bull City
Ah, no rumors. That's just pure speculation by me, but the proliferation of high end townhomes near the city center makes me think we'll see some more here. Most developers aren't exactly daring or creative, and they like to copy what already works. I'd almost be willing to bet that something like Elliot Square pops up near Lakewood in the next 3 years.
Reply | Threaded
|

Durham_Transplant
In reply to this post by Dave @ Building Bull City
I happened to be out today blowing some dust off my car and cruising around. Went by the building at 1904 Chapel Hill Rd that Dave mentions and there was clearly some serious reno work underway including the addition of a steel frame structure on the right side of the building that looked like the start of some sort of year round patio. The front was also dug up in preparation for laying power lines or some other cable/pipe to the building. Anybody heard anything?
Reply | Threaded
|

Administrator
Thanks for keeping an eye out on that. I still haven't heard much, other than the fact that the building permit says "restaurant". But of course, that could be code for bar, food, or something completely different.

Can't wait to see what it becomes!
Reply | Threaded
|

ChapelHillSean
I wonder what is gonna happen with count y fair, I would love to see that thing come back it was great.