Parker and Otis (Fowler's) :-(

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parker and Otis (Fowler's) :-(

KmartFan
I'm not sure who's heard but Parker and Otis is being kicked out of their longstanding location by an out-of-town developer from Charlotte and relocating to the ATC...I can't speak for anyone else but I'm devastated...I've been going there almost every Saturday for over 20 years, back when it was called Fowler's. No, it's not technically shutting down but it just won't be the same...

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Parker and Otis (Fowler's) :-(

Dave @ Building Bull City
Administrator
Agreed - it will not be the same. That back deck was magical.

I will still go to ATC to get their iced coffee - and maybe they have some great ideas for a new space.
Reply | Threaded
|

KmartFan
There's a rumor that they're tearing the entire building down for another skyscraper, but I'm not sure if that's true...
Reply | Threaded
|

elevatoroperator
That would be SO stupid. The building has so much character on the interior and would make fantastic office space or a brewery (if not for Dram & Draught opening up across the street). There's tons of surface parking lots in the Brightleaf area. Build there. Preserve the remaining stock of 20th century, pedestrian-scale buildings we have left.
Reply | Threaded
|

DURM_YIMBY
Agreed. Those two large surface lots in Brightleaf are begging to be developed. For as much flak as the GeerHouse development is getting, they're basically building between the existing structures where the parking lots are, preserving Motorco and Geer St. Garden. Would like to see something similar in Brightleaf, building around this building and across the street, building around St. James and Toreros.
Reply | Threaded
|

McHugh
Whatever is planned for the old Parker and Otis location, it looks like they are moving fairly quickly. I noticed a permit approved yesterday for what looks to be a partial demolition at 112 S. Duke St. Or of course it could be something completely unrelated, and I'm just reading into it too much.