Transportation in all of its forms is crucial to any place. From motor vehicles to cycling to transit, the way people move around Durham will have to grow and evolve quite a bit in the coming years.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation is very upfront about projects that they are working on and considering. Today, I wanted to highlight a few projects that the NCDOT is considering in and around the downtown area.
- Roundabout at Durham Freeway @ Elba St/Trent Dr
- Bike Lanes on W. Club Blvd
- Bike Tunnel @ American Tobacco
- Convert Downtown Loop to 2-Way Street
- Neighborhood Transit Center at N Miami and Raynor
- East Durham/Wellons Village Bike/Pedestrian
- Lakewood/Forest Hills Bike/Pedestrian